Bermondsey Square hotel is an absolute halal gem in central London, surrounded by art galleries and modern restaurants.
The hotel is not what we would imagine as a typical Muslim-friendly hotel, given its exceptionally artsy ambiance, yet it works! Less family orientated, more business travel appropriate, Bermondsey Square hotel is every modern Muslim’s dream.
- Official Rating: 4+ Boutique style hotel
- Board Basis: Standard rates do not normally include meals, yet there are occasional free breakfast offers. Breakfast, lunch and dinner come at extra cost, starting from £12 per day.
- Location: Central London, near London Bridge, UK
- Nearest International Airports:
1) Gatwick Airport (LGW) – 50 min journey
2) London Heathrow Airport (LHR) – 1 hour 10 min journey
Unique Selling Points:
- Very central Location, yet away from the tourist crowd.
- Nearby locations: Tower Bridge, Borough Market, Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, The Old Vic, The Shard, Millennium Bridge, St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Free Wi-fi (which is generally a luxury for London hotels).
- The hotel’s Bar & Grill previously run by Masterchef judge Gregg Wallace which left a legacy of excellence.
Plan your Trip
- The food served is described as modern British cuisine with a limited range of halal options.
- The atmosphere in the Grill & Bar – all-day dining restaurant is fully non-alcoholic.
Interesting fact: Bermondsey Square hotel was bought by a Muslim businessman in 2014 who decided to run it inspired by the shariah law, and it operates under a halal-friendly principle. Non-Muslim guests are kindly requested to respect these rules. Guests are allowed to consume alcohol in their rooms, even though no alcohol is served in the restaurant.
Address: Bermondsey Square, Tower Bridge Road, London SE1 3UN, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7378 2450
You’ve read all about this place and why it meets your halal needs, but if you want to continue with your search, there’s many more to choose from that all cater to those who are after a truly unique halal holiday experience. We have halal hotels, halal resort hotels, halal thermal hotels and even halal villas to choose from!
So, whether you’re looking for family holidays or all inclusive holidays (or both!) there are plenty of halal friendly holidays to choose from on Muslim Break.