The Grand Ozgul Thermal Holiday Village is a magnificent hotel situated in the historic city of Afyon, Turkey.
Afyon, famous for its vast opium fields, ‘Turkish Delight’ and its thermal baths, attracts a large number of tourists from all over the world throughout the year, many of who lodge at The Grand Ozgul. With hundreds of rooms and exclusive villas, the Grand Ozgul is one of the best halal places to enjoy the world famous thermal baths as the hotel holds the status of a halal thermal resort with facilities for men and women respectively.
The Grand Ozgul Thermal Village offers a fantastic range of services to ensure it meets the needs its guests.
- Rating: Rated at 4 stars
- Board Basis: Half Board (Inclusive of Buffet Breakfast and Dinner)
- Open: 24/7 in all 12 months of a year
- Location: Yaylabagı / Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
- Nearest city: Afyonkarahisar (35 km)
- Nearest International Airport:
1) Afyon (AFY) Airport, 28 km (31 min)
2) Eskisehir (ESK) Airport, 119 km (2 hours)
When to go:
The best time to visit Afyon is between the months of May and October during which the temperature remains between 10 degrees Celsius to 35 degrees Celsius. In the summer months, temperatures rise but usually stay under 30 degrees. As winter approaches with the month of October temperatures begin to fall to 15 degrees Celsius. If avoiding chilly weather is a priority, November to February would not be a good time to vacation in Afyon.
How to get there:
Afyon is located in Western Turkey, with the routes from Ankara to İzmir and from Istanbul to Antalya intersecting here. The city is accessible by rail, road and air and the Grand Ozgul can be reached via taxi, bus or rented car.
The nearest international airport is the Eskisehir (ESK) Airport, 119 km (2 hours) away from the city. From there a domestic flight can be taken to Kutahya, Turkey to the Zafer Airport or rail/road travel can be used to reach Afyon.
Plan your Trip
Things to do at Afyon:
Afyon is a city with a history 3000 years old. Its marble quarries, magnificent hill stations, gigantic fortress (built in 1350 BC) and War of Independence memorials are amazing places to visit in order to get a taste of the rich Turkish history.
Unique Selling Points:
- Room Amenities: luxurious, air-conditioned rooms, thermal baths/pools, free internet access, LCD TV, refrigerator, electric stove, kettle, kitchen, washing machine, sitting area, dining table, full length mirror
- Swimming Pools: 1 Indoor swimming pool, 1 outdoor swimming pool, 1 indoor pool with slide, cave pool, indoor thermal pool, thermal pools or thermal bathtub in each room, Jacuzzi with separate divisions for men and women
- Fitness Centre and Spa: Turkish bath, sauna, bio sauna, steam room, salt room, outdoor fitness, scrubbing and foam sessions, massages, Reflexology, Aromatherapy massages, salt therapy with separate divisions for men and women
- Kid’s Area: kids club, children’s playground, evening entertainment, water park
- Meeting and Banqueting facilities
- Restaurants: Safir Restaurant: All-day dining restaurant with open buffet or set menu catering up to 350 people; A’la Carte Restaurant: All-day dining restaurant located on the terrace near the pool; Vitamin Café: serves fruit cocktails.
- The environment of the hotel is purely Halal and Non-Alcoholic
- All the food and drinks are Halal
Address: Esentepe Mah. Lighter Sok. No: 10 / Yaylabag / Afyonkarahisar
Phone: +90,272,273 66 65 , +90,272,273 73 73
Fax: +90,272,273 65 15
You’ve read all about this place and why it meets your halal needs, but if you want to continue with your search, there’s many more to choose from that all cater to those who are after a truly unique halal holiday experience. We have halal hotels, halal resort hotels, halal thermal hotels and even halal villas to choose from!
So, whether you’re looking for family holidays or all inclusive holidays (or both!) there are plenty of halal friendly holidays to choose from on Muslim Break.